Currently curbing our office sweet tooth
Now that summer 2016 has come and gone (wayyy too fast) holiday season is right around the corner. If you're a real life human being like us, and not some hard-wired health robot from another planet, you know one of the biggest post-summer struggles has to be fighting the urge to overindulge! Once you've traded your swimsuit and sandals for scarves and sweaters, it can become a slippery slope. The influx of holiday parties and social gatherings doesn't exactly do us any favors, either.
We recently tested a few "easy, low calorie" snack ideas and ended up finding our new go-to for the upcoming season - FUNFETTI BIRTHDAY CAKE DIP! Sounds like a party, looks like a party, and tastes even better. Don't let the "birthday cake" title fool you, this is the LOWEST calorie sweet treat, and we're fully obsessed! Who knew?..Once you take out the butter, eggs, and sugar, cake mix actually isn't all that bad for you. We're currently keeping a batch of this sweet treat in the fridge at all times to help curb any sweet tooth cravings. In less than five minutes, and with fewer than five ingredients, this bad boy takes the cake - literally!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup lite Cool Whip
- Fat free animal crackers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, yogurt, and cool whip. Mix until no lumps remain and a nice whipped texture has been achieved.
- Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours (confession: we couldn't help but dive right in at room temp)
- Serve with animal crackers and enjoy!
- Serving size = 1/4 cup . Calories = 105 . Fat = 2g